Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ralph Fisher Skelton, Hoover Vacuum, 1929

Scanned from Taschen's "All-American Ads of the 20s". Click image for 1000 x 644 size.

"Am I the woman of a year ago?

I wonder if you remember me - you husbands to whom I said last Christmas the things I could not say to my husband!

I was the woman whose husband gave her each Christmas some pretty trinket. The woman whose youth was slipping from her too fast. The woman whose cleaning burdens were too heavy. The woman who wanted, but could not ask for, a Hoover. I'm not the woman of a year ago.

In one short year I have discovered that youth need not go so swiftly - that cleaning duties need not be burdensome.

For last Christmas my husband did give me a Hoover!

'Give her a Hoover and you give her the best'"

No comments: